RC4Magic S3 DMX4dim 4-Channel Wireless Dimmer
The RC4Magic S3 DMX4dim is an easy to use, secure, battery powered 4-channel wireless dimmer that includes the RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty.
The RC4Magic S3 DMX4dim is a compact, easy to use, secure, battery powered 4-channel wireless dimmer that makes dimming LEDs, lamps, motors in small props, costumes and more effortless. The DMX4dim includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4 Commander Configuration Software
All of the Series 3 products now include 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,000 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. The DMX4dim also features dimmer curve cross-fading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output.
Like the rest of the RC4 Harmonized Design™ platform, the DMX4dim features:
- RC4 Private IDentities™
- RC4 ColorMatch™
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™
- RC4 HotPatch™
- RC4 Commander Configuration Software
- Remote Device Management (RDM)
- RC4 Cross-Fade Controller
All RC4 dimmers are ideal for video professionals dealing with the banding, blinding and other anomalies created by PWM frequencies. All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide multiple PWM frequencies – low, middle, high and supersonic – to eliminate these issues on video.
With four dimmer outputs, DMX4dim can take full advantage of the RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™. Say goodbye to canned effects; the RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™ allows users to effortlessly create memorable effects that can be stored and recalled. All this is accomplished without an external DMX controller and is perfect for standalone displays in retail, trade shows, and more.
The DMX4dim includes a wired DMX data port. Typically, this port is used to output data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the DMX2dim to be used as a wired dimmer.
The internal wireless DMX receiver in the DMX4dim operates identically to the RC4Magic DMXio in receiver mode. The RC4 DMX miniplug port can used with a range of DMX adaptors, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR connectors. The most common adaptor is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector.
Several of Katy Perry’s prop fabricators chose the DMX4dim to solve their design challenges.
Projects and productions in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand should consider our RC4Magic-900 system. The 900MHz band is far away from WiFi, Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz wireless technology. For worldwide use in all markets, the 2.4GHz RC4Magic system is recommended.
100% compatible with RC4Magic Series 2 2.4GHz technology!
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 3.14″x 1.5″ x .78″ (80mm x 40mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 4.1oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 dimmers, screw terminals; 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 1.2kHz, 5kHz (artifact free for video), 10kHz, 20k77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz PWM; 19-bit (524,000 steps); Non-Dim, Linear, ISL, servo control; ac-wave (ring telephone and more); 8 levels of RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Engine™, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4 Commander 3.x compatible, wired DMX in/out, wired RDM input, Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw
- DMX Input/Output: USITT DMX512/1990 data, RC4 3.5mm mini non-standard port
- Maximum Output Power per Channel: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Device Power: 16A (limited by screw terminal safety rating)
- RF Antenna: hidden internal omnidirectional; optional external antenna available at additional cost
- RC4Magic S3 DMX4dim Quick Start Guide
- RC4Magic Series 3 Versatile Wireless Dimmer Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.