RC4Magic S3 DMXpix Dual Pixel String Driver
Controlling up to two separate pixel strings is easy with the compact RC4Magic S3 DMXpix Dual Pixel String Driver. Winner of the PLASA London Award for Innovation, the DMXpix enables users to create beautiful, one of a kind pixel effects for a variety of different pixel strings, all without wires. The DMXpix is also eligible for the RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty, the best in the industry.
The RC4Magic S3 DMXpix Dual Pixel String Driver can be used to easily control up to two strings of pixel tape, and enables users to create beautiful and unique pixel effects, all without wires, and all without using an excessive amount of DMX channels.
Using the RC4 Custom Pixel Profiles™, combined with keyframing, designers can create beautiful unique pixel patterns and effects for up to 1000 pixels while keeping the number of DMX channels to a manageable level. The compact, wireless DMXpix receives all 512 channels of a DMX universe and controls 2 pixel strings of up to 500 pixels each (1000 pixels total). With the DMXpix, designers can now say goodbye to complex consoles, media servers, and endless wiring.
Learn more about RC4’s patented Custom Pixel Profiles and keyframing at the RC4 Knowledge Base.
Worried about pixel string compatibility? The DMXpix is incredibly versatile and supports all popular pixel string protocols, including WS2801, WS2812, APA102, LPD8806, and more. Need to install the drivers for a new pixel product? It’s easy using the RC4 CodeLoader; simply download the drivers installing them on the DMXpix.
Trying to match the colors of pixel strings from different manufacturers? RC4 Wireless makes it simple, using RC4 ColorMatch™. Adjust the color balance of each string to ensure a consistent palette, even when products are from different manufacturers, have different control protocols, and even have differences due to variations in LED binning. The Pixel Color Order feature ensures all pixels in a large system will address colors with the same sequence, usually red, green then blue. By doing color correction and pixel color order in the pixel driver, rather than managing this in a console or media server, multiple different pixel strings can be controlled from the same DMX channels without undesirable color variation.
The DMXpix includes all RC4 Harmonized Design™ features:
- RC4 System IDs
- RC4 OneTouch™ configuration
- RC4 Commander Configuration Software
- Wired RDM configuration (wireless RDM is not provided)
- DMX data in and out
- High-efficiency 6V – 35VDC voltage input range
Any number of receiver-dimmers can be used in an RC4Magic Series 2 or Series 3 systems
The internal wireless DMX receiver operates identically to the DMXio in receiver mode. The RC4 DMX miniplug port can be used with a range of DMX adapters, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR connectors. The most common adapter is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector.
Projects and productions in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand should consider our RC4Magic-900 system. The 900MHz band is far away from WiFi, Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz wireless technology. For worldwide use in all markets, the 2.4GHz RC4Magic system is recommended.
RC4Magic Series 3 2.4SX DMXpix Specifications
- 100% compatible with RC4Magic Series 2 2.4GHz technology!
- Dimensions: 2.4″x 1.3″ x .78″ (60mm x 35mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 1.05oz
- Power Input: 5VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle draw
- Power Connection: 2pin Phoenix Connector
- Pix A, Pix B: 4pin Phoenix Connectors
- i2c – 6-position (2×3) DIL 2.54mm header
- Pixel String Protocols: WS2801, WS2811, WS2812, LPD8806, APA102. Each of these types is unique. Numerous other types are identical or compatible with these. Additional driver types can be installed in the field using the RC4 CodeLoader.
- i2c Protocols: Communicates with host device (Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc.) as an I2C slave emulating read-only-memory. The first 512 memory locations contain current DMX universe channel levels.
- Sensor: Total current draw
- DMX In/Out: RC4 3.5mm TRS receptacle (non-standard). Optional adaptors to XLR 3-pin, 5-pin, male, female, are available. Data output compliant with ANSI E1.11 (DMX512-A). Data input compliant with E1.11 , ANSI E1.20, ANSI E1.37-1 (RDM).
- RF Antenna: hidden internal, omnidirectional
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
For fastest response, please complete an inquiry ticket. Provide as much information as possible. If you have a question about incorporating an RC4 device into a specific prop or project, photos and short videos can be very helpful and are easily attached to your ticket.
If you prefer to submit your inquiry by email, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to being of assistance!
- RC4Magic S3 DMXpix Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
You may also like…
RC4Magic S3 DMXio Data Transceiver
$401.35Add to cart
RC4Magic S3 DMX2dim 2-Channel Wireless Dimmer
$458.85Add to cart
3.5mm Miniplug to 5-Pin XLR (Female) Adaptor Cable$26.50 Add to cart
Phoenix Connectors for RC4Magic DMXpix, RC4 LumenDimPix and RC4 W-DIMpix$23.00 Add to cart
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.