RC4M-900SX DMX4dim-500 High Power 4-Channel Wireless Dimmer
A low-voltage 42A 4-channel wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors in set pieces, props, costumes, and more. RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for use in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil. In other jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, and Africa, our 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 system is ideal.
RC4’s most powerful dimmer in the 900MHz bandwidth, the RC4Magic-900SX DMX4dim-500, gives users four channels of dimming with a total current capacity of 500 watts at 12 volts and 1000 watts at 24volts. The 900MHz bandwidth, which is available only for users in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Brazil, means less wireless interference from other signals, a more secure signal and features the RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty.
The RC4Magic-900SX DMX4dim-500 gives designers and technicians the power to exercise their creativity using four high-powered channels for dimming lamps, lights in costumes, LEDs, pixel tape or even small motors for props. The 900SX DMX4dim-500 works from 6VDC to 35VDC, so it’s ideal for use with the 30-volt battery belts that are used throughout the film industry.
The 900SX Series of products now includes 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,000 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. The entire 900 Series also features dimmer curve crossfading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output.
Like all RC4 900 SX devices, the 900SX DMX4dim-500 includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4MagicPC configuration software.
The 900SX DMX4dim-500 includes the same features that designers know and love in the RC4Magic S3 2.4SX DMX4dim-500, including:
- RC4 System IDs
- HSL Color Controller
- RC4 ColorMatch
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine
- RC4 HotPatch
- Variable PWM Frequency
- RC4 Digital Persistence
The 900SX DMX2dim is manufactured in the USA for use in the US, Canada, New Zealand and Brazil. The 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 products are ideal for consumers in all other areas, including Europe, Asia, Africa and all international tours
RC4Magic-900SX DMX4dim-500 Specifications
- Dimensions: 4.4”x 2.4” x 1.2” (112mm x 62mm x 31mm)
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle draw, ~87% regulation efficiency, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 low-voltage DC dimmers, Anderson Powerpole connections, 16-bit resolution PWM (16,384 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 40A non-continuous, 15A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 42A (limited by rating of Anderson power input connectors)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW).
- RC4 Digital Persistence™: 8 user-selectable persistence periods emulating a range of filament lamps
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw (sum of 4 dimmers)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support.
- Wireless DMX Protocol: RC4 Wireless RC4Magic-900
- RF Antenna: external antenna via RP-SMA connector (shown) or hidden omnidirectional internal
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
For fastest response, please complete an inquiry ticket. Provide as much information as possible. If you have a question about incorporating an RC4 device into a specific prop or project, photos and short videos can be very helpful and are easily attached to your ticket.
If you prefer to submit your inquiry by email, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to being of assistance!
- RC4Magic S3 DMX4dim-500 Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.