RC4M-900SX DMX4dim-500 High Power 4-Channel Wireless Dimmer
The RC4Magic-900SX DMX4dim-500 is a low-voltage 42A 4-channel wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors in set pieces, props, costumes, and more.
RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for use in USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. In other jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, and Africa, our 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 system is ideal.
Each DMX4dim-500 purchase comes with one set of Anderson Connectors.
YOU MUST UPDATE RC4 COMMANDER SOFTWARE WHEN ADDING NEW DEVICES TO RC4MAGIC SYSTEMS. THIS UPDATE IS MANDATORY FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH BOTH OLD AND NEW VERSIONS OF RC4MAGIC FIRMWARE. Visit our downloads page.
One of RC4’s most powerful dimmers in the 900MHz bandwidth, the RC4Magic-900SX DMX4dim-500, gives users four channels of dimming with a total current capacity of 500 watts at 12 volts and 1000 watts at 24volts. This unit combines the classic features of the ever popular RC4Magic 2.4GHz DMX4dim-500 and takes in into 900MHz. Interference from other wireless devices is literally a thing of the past when using the 900SX series of products, and the result is a signal that’s faster, more secure, and more reliable.
The RC4Magic-900SX DMX4dim-500 includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4 Commander Configuration Software.
The RC4Magic-900 SX DMX4dim-500 features include:
- PWM frequencies Optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- RC4 Digital Persistence™ A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- HSL Color Controller Choose to use Hue/Saturation/Level (brightness) control of color if desired.
- RC4 ColorMatch™ Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™ Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader™ Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
The SX Series of products now includes 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,288 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve. All RC dimmers also feature Curve Tweak – the ability to fine-tune between true linear and true ISL to find the perfect fit for any particular LED source. You can even tweak each primary color differently. Dimming is suddenly as smooth as silk.
Learn more about working with the RC4Magic-900 SX DMX4dim-500 at the RC4 Knowledge Base
RC4’s Hue/Saturation/Level (HSL) Color Controller delivers best-in-class color consistency over the entire dimming range, ensuring precise mix ratios even at very low dimmer levels. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color from a console, the RC4 HSL Color Controller maintains high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range.
Worried about PWM frequencies? All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide low, mid, high and supersonic PWM frequencies while eliminating a myriad of problems, from visible strobing to audio interference.
the DMX6dim is ideal for use with the dimmers built-in RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™. Using DMX channels for control, dynamic animated effects are easily and quickly created — this is not a canned effect generator, it is a tool for creating unique looks to suit any need.
Anderson Powerpole connectors are provided for connection of the power supply ( /-DC IN red/black) and load devices (two red OUT terminals, -DimA grey, -DimB grey, -DimC grey, -DimD grey, -DimE grey, -DimF grey). The supply powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LED tape and panels. The dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 42A total power handling of the device. When operating at or near the maximum power capacity, Anderson 45A pins must be used at the power input, all wiring must be appropriately sized and in compliance with applicable electrical codes, and external fuses or circuit breakers should be used at the power source and in each individual dimmer circuit.
The mini-plug wired DMX data port can be used with a range of RC4 DMX cables, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR adapters. The most common adapter is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector. This port can output DMX data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the DMX4dim-500 to be used as a wired dimmer.
With a wired connection, a comprehensive RDM implementation includes E1.37 dimmer configuration parameters, numerous status sensors (voltage, temperature, current), and each individual dimmer appears as an RDM sub-device.
Need to work with a battery pack? The RC4Magic-900 SX DMX4dim-500 is perfectly paired with the 30-volt battery belts that are used extensively in film.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 4.4″ x 2.4″ x 1.2″ (112mm x 62mm x 31mm)
- Weight: 4.3oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle, Anderson Powerpole connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 dimmers, Anderson Powerpole connections; 77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20k77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz PWM; 19-bit (524,000 steps); Non-Dim, Linear, ISL, servo control; ac-wave (ring telephone and more); 8 levels of RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Engine™, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4 Commander 3.x compatible, wired DMX in/out, wired RDM input, Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, current draw for each individual dimmer output
- DMX Input/Output: USITT DMX512/1990 data, RC4 3.5mm mini non-standard port
- Maximum Output Power per Channel: 15A non-continuous, 10A continuous
- Maximum Total Device Power: 42A (limited by Anderson Powerpole safety rating)
- RF Antenna: hidden internal omnidirectional; optional external antenna available at additional cost