RC4 LumenDim6 Six-Channel CRMX Wireless Dimmer
The LumenDim6 is a 42A high-power 6-channel DC dimmer for props, turntables, set pieces, and more. It smoothly dims LEDs and lamps, controls small DC motors with wide-range speed control, and provides many features to optimize color and appearance for a variety of theatre and motion-picture applications.
Genuine LumenRadio CRMX technology, compatible with all CRMX devices widely used in the motion picture industry. It operates from 6VDC to 35VDC with low heat generation and maximum energy efficiency.
All RC4 Series 3 products now include 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with 524,000 steps of resolution. This means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve where other dimmers appear steppy and jumpy. The LumenDim6 also features dimmer curve tweaking to find the most visually linear and pleasing response with any LED technology being used.
Device configuration is easily done with the built-in RC4 OneTouch™ user interface, or Remote Device Management (RDM) via CRMX wireless link or the wired DMX port using RDM controllers with E1.37 dimmer configuration capability and RDM sub-device support.
All RC4 LumenDim devices include a genuine LumenRadio TiMo CRMX2 radio receiver. Easily assign any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with the press of a single button using RC4 OneTouch™, or use Remote Device Management (RDM) via wired or wireless connection.
- PWM frequencies Optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- Tungsten lamp dimming
- Servo motor control
- RC4 Digital Persistence™ A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- HSL Color Controller Choose to use Hue/Saturation/Level (brightness) control of color if desired.
- RC4 ColorMatch™ Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™ Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
Anderson Powerpole connectors are provided for connection of the power supply ( /-DC IN red/black) and load devices (two red OUT terminals, -DimA grey, -DimB grey, -DimC grey, -DimD grey, -DimE grey, -DimF grey). The supply powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LED tape and panels. The dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 42A total power handling of the device. When operating at or near the maximum power capacity, Anderson 45A pins must be used at the power input, all wiring must be appropriately sized and in compliance with applicable electrical codes, and external fuses or circuit breakers should be used at the power source and in each individual dimmer circuit.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 4.40″ x 2.44″ x 1.22″ (112mm x 62mm x 31mm)
- Weight: 4.80oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.5W, Anderson Powerpole connectors
- Dimmer Outputs: 6 low-voltage DC dimmers, Anderson Powerpole connectors, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,000 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 15A non-continuous, 10A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 42A (limited by safety rating of Anderson connectors)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz (super-slow-motion video)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW), AC wave (ring telephone bells)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: All RC4 LumenDim devices are now being manufactured with Lumen Radio TiMo radio modules. The latest firmware is fully compatible with CRMX transmitters running both CRMX2 and CRMX Classic, as well as transmitters from Wireless Solution running in G3, G4, G4S or G5 2.4GHz mode
- RF Antenna: RP-SMA external, omnidirectional. Alternate antennas can be used for increased sensitivity