LumenDim6 Six-Channel CRMX Wireless Dimmer
Wireless low-voltage, high-power, 42A DMX-controlled 6-channel dimmer for theatre and motion picture. Control LEDs & lamps in props, large set pieces, and more. Genuine LumenRadio CRMX technology, compatible with all CRMX devices widely used in the motion picture industry.
The LumenDim6 is a 42A high-power 6-channel DC dimmer for props, turntables, set pieces, and more. It smoothly dims LEDs and lamps, controls small DC motors with wide-range speed control, and provides many features to optimize color and appearance for a variety of theatre and motion-picture applications. It operates from 6VDC to 35VDC with low heat generation and maximum energy efficiency.
All RC4 Series 3 products now include 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with 524,000 steps of resolution. This means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve where other dimmers appear steppy and jumpy. The LumenDim6 also features dimmer curve tweaking to find the most visually linear and pleasing response with any LED technology being used.
Device configuration is easily done with the built-in RC4 OneTouch™ user interface, or Remote Device Management (RDM) via CRMX wireless link or the wired DMX port using RDM controllers with E1.37 dimmer configuration capability and RDM sub-device support.
Like the rest of the RC4Magic Harmonized Design platform, the LumenDim6 features:
- PWM frequencies optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- RC4 Digital Persistence A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- HSL Color Controller Choose to use Hue/Saturation/Level (brightness) control of color if desired.
- RC4 ColorMatch Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Wireless FLKR Effects Engine Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
Anderson Powerpole connectors are provided for connection of the power supply ( /-DC IN red/black) and load devices (two red OUT terminals, -DimA grey, -DimB grey, -DimC grey, -DimD grey, -DimE grey, -DimF grey). The supply powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LED tape and panels. The dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 42A total power handling of the device. When operating at or near the maximum power capacity, Anderson 45A pins must be used at the power input, all wiring must be appropriately sized and in compliance with applicable electrical codes, and external fuses or circuit breakers should be used at the power source and in each individual dimmer circuit.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 4.40″ x 2.44″ x 1.22″ (112mm x 62mm x 31mm)
- Weight: 4.80oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.5W, Anderson Powerpole connectors
- Dimmer Outputs: 6 low-voltage DC dimmers, Anderson Powerpole connectors, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,000 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 15A non-continuous, 10A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 42A (limited by safety rating of Anderson connectors)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz (super-slow-motion video)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW), AC wave (ring telephone bells)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: LumenRadio CRMX
- RF Antenna: RP-SMA external, omnidirectional. Alternate antennas can be used for increased sensitivity
- RC4 LumenDim6 Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.