RC4M-900SX DMX6dim 6-Channel Wireless Dimmer
Wireless low-voltage DMX-controlled 6-channel dimmer for theatre and motion picture. Control LEDs & lamps in small props, costumes, and more. Part of the RC4Magic-900 platform with the RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty. RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil. In other jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, and Africa, our 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 system is the perfect choice.
The RC4Magic S3 SX 900MHz DMX6dim is a compact, easy to use, digitally secure, battery-powered wireless DMX dimmer with an unprecedented six channels for use in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and Brazil. It smoothly dims LEDs and lamps, controls small DC motors with wide-range speed control, and provides many features to optimize color and appearance for a variety of theatre and motion-picture applications.
The 900SX DMX6dim is fast, easy, and ultra-reliable. In the 900MHz band, there is less wireless interference and, thanks to RC4 System IDs, the signal is safe and digitally secure. The 900SX DMX6dim is covered by RC4Magic Lifetime Warranty, the only warranty of its kind in the industry.
All RC4 Series 3 products now include 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with 524,000 steps of resolution. This means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve where other dimmers appear steppy and jumpy. The DMX6dim also features dimmer curve tweaking to find the most visually linear and pleasing response with any LED technology being used.
Device configuration is easily done with the built-in RC4 OneTouch™ user interface, or Remote Device Management (RDM), or RC4 Commander configuration software available for Mac OSX and Windows 7 and later, including Windows 10.
Like the rest of the RC4Magic RC4 Harmonized Design platform, the DMX6dim features:
- PWM frequencies optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- RC4 Digital Persistence A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- HSL Color Controller Choose to use Hue/Saturation/Level (brightness) control of color if desired.
- RC4 ColorMatch Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Wireless FLKR Effects Engine Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- RC4 HotPatch Signal path routing of RC4 features: route the FLKR engine to the HSL controller for example, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
The RC4Magic-900 system is manufactured in the USA, only for use in the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Brazil. The 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 system is ideal for projects and productions in all other locations, including Europe, Asia, Africa, and all international tours.
RC4Magic Series 3 900SX DMX6dim Specifications
- Dimensions: 3.14″x 1.5″ x .78″ (80mm x 40mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 1.80oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle draw, ~87% regulation efficiency, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 6 low-voltage DC dimmers, screw terminal connections, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,000 steps)
- Individual Dimmer Output Power: 10A non-continuous, 4A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 16A (limited by input screw terminal maximum rating)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 1250Hz, 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz, 40kHz (noise-free for audio, flicker-free for super high-frame-rate video capture)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, Curve Tweaking between Linear and ISL over 256 gradations
- RC4 Digital Persistence™: 8 user-selectable persistence periods emulating a range of filament lamps
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, current for chans 1/2/3, current for chans 3/4/5
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless Protocol: RC4 Wireless RC4Magic Series 3, 900MHz, 902 – 928MHz Digital RF
- RF Antenna: hidden internal, omnidirectional
- Remotely configurable with RC4 Commander software for Mac and PC
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
For fastest response, please complete an inquiry ticket. Provide as much information as possible. If you have a question about incorporating an RC4 device into a specific prop or project, photos and short videos can be very helpful and are easily attached to your ticket.
If you prefer to submit your inquiry by email, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to being of assistance!
- RC4Magic S3 DMX6dim Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.