RC4M-900SX DMX6dim 6-Channel Wireless Dimmer
The RC4Magic S3 DMX6dim is a compact, easy to use, digitally secure, battery-powered wireless DMX dimmer with an unprecedented six channels of power handling.
RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for use in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil. In other jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, and Africa, our 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 systems is ideal.
YOU MUST UPDATE RC4 COMMANDER SOFTWARE WHEN ADDING NEW DEVICES TO RC4MAGIC SYSTEMS. THIS UPDATE IS MANDATORY FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH BOTH OLD AND NEW VERSIONS OF RC4MAGIC FIRMWARE. Visit our downloads page.
This small six channel dimmer smoothly dims LEDs and lamps, controls small DC motors with wide-range speed control, and provides many features to optimize color and appearance for a variety of theatre and motion-picture applications.
The 900SX DMX6dim is fast, easy, and ultra-reliable. In the 900MHz band, there is less wireless interference and, thanks to RC4 System IDs, the signal is safe and digitally secure. The 900SX DMX6dim is also eligible for the RC4Magic Two-Year Warranty, the only one of its kind in the industry.
All RC4 Series 3 products now include 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with 524,000 steps of resolution. This means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve where other dimmers appear steppy and jumpy. The DMX6dim also features dimmer curve tweaking to find the most visually linear and pleasing response with any LED technology being used.
Device configuration is easily done with the built-in RC4 OneTouch™ user interface, or Remote Device Management (RDM), or RC4 Commander configuration software available for Mac OSX and Windows 7 and later, including Windows 10.
Like the rest of the RC4Magic RC4 Harmonized Design™ platform, the DMX6dim features:
- PWM frequencies optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- RC4 Digital Persistence™ A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- HSL Color Controller Choose to use Hue/Saturation/Level (brightness) control of color if desired.
- RC4 ColorMatch™ Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Wireless FLKR Effects Engine™ Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- RC4 HotPatch™ Signal path routing of RC4 features: route the FLKR engine to the HSL controller for example, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader™ Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 3.14″x 1.5″ x .78″ (80mm x 40mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 4.3oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 6 dimmers, screw terminals; 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 1.2kHz, 5kHz (artifact free for video), 10kHz, 20k77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz PWM; 19-bit (524,000 steps); Non-Dim, Linear, ISL, servo control; ac-wave (ring telephone and more); 8 levels of RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Engine™, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4 Commander 3.x compatible, wired DMX in/out, wired RDM input, Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw
- DMX Input/Output: USITT DMX512/1990 data, RC4 3.5mm mini non-standard port
- Maximum Output Power per Channel: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Device Power: 16A (limited by screw terminal safety rating)
- RF Antenna: hidden internal omnidirectional; optional external antenna available at additional cost
- RC4Magic S3 DMX6dim Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.