The LumenDimMIO can be used as a LumenRadio CRMX transmitter or receiver. It transmits wireless DMX with up to 100mW of RF power. Equipped with Bluetooth connectivity, it is functionally similar to the LumenRadio Moonlite, but with no RDM support in transmitter mode (RDM is supported in receiver mode). It does not have an internal battery but can be powered with an external battery. An indicator is provided for Link status. Other status information, including RF signal strength, is accessible using the LumenRadio CRMX Toolbox app, available for iOS and Android smartphones.
Each LumenDimMIO purchase comes with one 1dBi antenna and one 3.5mm Miniplug to 5-Pin XLR (Female) Adaptor Cable.
The very compact DC-powered LumenDimMIO transceiver is both a transmitter and receiver based on the LumenRadio TimoTwo CRMX/CRMX2 platform. The LumenDimMIO is easy to integrate with all of your current CRMX devices, and does so at an affordable price. The on-board DMX connection is an RC4 miniplug port. An adaptor from miniplug to 5-pin female XLR is included with the device. Male adaptors are also available.
Like all transceivers, the LumenDimMIO has two modes of operation: TX (transmitter) and RX (receiver) but wireless RDM (DMX Remote Device Management) is supported in receiver mode only. Any number of CRMX receivers may be used with any CRMX transmitter, wirelessly linking them all with one wireless DMX universe.
The DMX specification states that up to 32 wired devices may be used on a wired DMX output. The LumenDimMIO exceeds this requirement and is capable of driving more than 32 devices. The LumenDimMIO is also internally protected against static discharge and excessive line loading. The LumenDimMIO will generally work reliably up to 200′ (60m). Line-of-sight is not typically required, but dense objects between units — like concrete walls — will attenuate the radio signal and reduce the available range.
Like all wireless devices, range is also affected by wireless data congestion. A genuine LumenRadio TimoTwo RF module in the LumenDimMIO provides LumenRadio Cognitive Coexistence to avoid congestion and improve wireless performance.
The LumenDimMIO transmits wireless DMX with up to 100mW of RF power. It is also equipped with Bluetooth connectivity, making it functionally very similar to the LumenRadio Moonlite, but without the built-in battery and with fewer on-board LED indicators. The antenna connection allows the use of various specialized antennas to improve range by focusing RF energy where it’s needed most.
The LumenDimMIO can be powered over a wide range of 6V – 35VDC, making it easy to run from almost any external battery pack or DC power supply. The power connection is made with on-board screw terminals.
Compatibility with the LumenRadio CRMX Toolbox app, available for Apple iOS and Android smartphones, makes it easy to configure the LumenDimMIO as a transmitter or receiver, set a Linking Key, check RF signal strength, and more.
As on all RC4 devices, the Link button is recessed to protect from being pushed inadvertently. Use a bent paperclip or small screwdriver to press the button when needed. The functionality of this button is nearly identical to the Link button on the LumenRadio Moonlite, including various special functions accessible through combinations of long and short presses. Use the CRMX Toolbox app for easier configuration of all available parameters.
- DMX Input: meets USITT DMX512/1990(4us),
- RDM is NOT supported in transmitter mode.
- Any number of CRMX-compatible receivers from any brand may be used in a system
- DMX Output: meets USITT DMX512/1990 and is compliant with ANSI E1.20 – 2010 Remote Device Management for wireless RDM
- RDM is supported in receiver mode, allowing wireless RDM configuration of DMX devices connected to the LumenDimMIO when using an RDM-capable CRMX transmitter
- The DMX specification allows up to 32 devices on a DMX output. The LumenDimMIO data output exceeds this requirement and is capable of driving more than 32 devices
- Internally protected against static discharge and excessive line loading
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 3.14” x 1.57” x .787” (80mm x 40mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 3.40oz
- DMX Input/Output: meets USITT DMX512/1990. RC4 non-standard miniplug port plus adaptor to standard female XLR5 (male adaptor is also available)
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC
- Options: Transmit/Receive via CRMX Toolbox app or special sequence of Link button presses; CRMX Link via recessed button
- Indicators: Link/Status LED (use CRMX Toolbox app to access all other status information including RF signal strength)
- Antenna: 2dBi RP-SMA external antenna with nominal 100m range. Range can be further extended using high-gain and/or directional antennas