RC4M-900SX DMX6dim-500 High Power 6-Channel Dimmer
Wireless low-voltage, high-power, 42A DMX-controlled 6-channel dimmer for theatre and motion picture. Control LEDs & lamps in props, large set pieces, and more. Part of the RC4Magic S3 2.4GHz platform with the RC4Magic Two-Year Warranty. RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Brazil. In other jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, and Africa, our 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 system is the perfect choice.
The RC4Magic Series 3 900SX DMX6dim-500 is a 42A high-power 6-channel DC dimmer for props, turntables, set pieces, and more. It smoothly dims LEDs and lamps, controls small DC motors with wide-range speed control, and provides many features to optimize color and appearance for a variety of theatre and motion-picture applications. It operates from 6VDC to 35VDC with low heat generation and maximum energy efficiency.
The 900SX DMX6dim-500 is fast, easy and ultra-reliable. In the 900MHz band, there is less wireless interference and, thanks to RC4 System IDs, the signal is safe and digitally secure. The 900SX DMX6dim-500 is also eligible for the RC4Magic Two-Year Warranty, the only one of its kind in the industry.
All RC4 Series 3 products now include 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with 524,000 steps of resolution. This means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve where other dimmers appear steppy and jumpy. The 900MHz DMX6dim-500 also features dimmer curve tweaking to find the most visually linear and pleasing response with any LED technology being used.
Device configuration is easily done with the built-in RC4 OneTouch™ user interface, or Remote Device Management (RDM), or RC4 Commander configuration software available for Mac OSX and Windows 7 and later, including Windows 10.
Like the rest of the RC4Magic Harmonized Design platform, the 900MHz DMX6dim-500 features:
- PWM frequencies optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- RC4 Digital Persistence A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- HSL Color Controller Choose to use Hue/Saturation/Level (brightness) control of color if desired.
- RC4 ColorMatch Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Wireless FLKR Effects Engine Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- RC4 HotPatch Signal path routing of RC4 features: route the FLKR engine to the HSL controller for example, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
Anderson Powerpole connectors are provided for connection of the power supply ( /-DC IN red/black) and load devices (two red OUT terminals, -DimA grey, -DimB grey, -DimC grey, -DimD grey, -DimE grey, -DimF grey). The supply powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LED tape and panels. The dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 42A total power handling of the device. When operating at or near the maximum power capacity, Anderson 45A pins must be used at the power input, all wiring must be appropriately sized and in compliance with applicable electrical codes, and external fuses or circuit breakers should be used at the power source and in each individual dimmer circuit.
The RC4Magic-900 system is manufactured in the USA, only for use in the US, Canada, New Zealand, and Brazil. The 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 system is ideal for projects and productions in all other locations, including Europe, Asia, Africa, and all international tours.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 4.4″ x 2.4″ x 1.2″ (112mm x 62mm x 31mm)
- Weight: 4.3oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle, Anderson Powerpole connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 6 dimmers, Anderson Powerpole connections; 77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20k77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz PWM; 19-bit (524,000 steps); Non-Dim, Linear, ISL, servo control; ac-wave (ring telephone and more); 8 levels of RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Engine™, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4 Commander 3.x compatible, wired DMX in/out, wired RDM input, Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, current draw for each individual dimmer output
- DMX Input/Output: USITT DMX512/1990 data, RC4 3.5mm mini non-standard port
- Maximum Output Power per Channel: 15A non-continuous, 10A continuous
- Maximum Total Device Power: 42A (limited by Anderson Powerpole safety rating)
- RF Antenna: hidden internal omnidirectional; optional external antenna available at additional cost
- RC4Magic S3 DMX6dim-500 Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.