LumenDimM2micro 2-Channel CRMX Wireless Dimmer (EXTERNAL ANTENNA)
The RC4 LumenDimM2micro is a 2-channel CRMX wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors in small props, costumes, and more. The inconspicuous circuit-board assembly can easily be hidden in the smallest spaces, even in hair and fabrics. ** Version for use with external antennas via u.fl connector **
The LumenDimM2micro is a battery-powered 2-channel wireless DMX dimmer that combines the best RC4 Harmonized Design features with a genuine LumenRadio TiMo radio transceiver. The LumenDimM2micro includes a built-in radio receiver and two pulse-width-modulation (PWM) dimmers. Additionally, any number of RC4 LumenDim devices can be used in a LumenRadio wireless DMX system.
Super-smooth LED dimming, halogen dimming as well as hobby servo-motor control is a snap with this dimmer that proves small can be powerful. In fact, LumenDimM2micro is — by far — the smallest wireless DMX dimmer on earth. The LumenDimM2micro uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM).
The LumenDimM2micro is not only small, easy to use and reliable, but it has all of the RC4 Wireless dimmer features users know and love:
- Wired and Wireless RDM Implementation
- RC4 Digital Persistence
- RC4 ColorMatch
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine
- DMX data in and out
- RC4 HotPatch
- high-efficiency 6V – 35VDC voltage input range
- 16-bit dimming with multiple PWM frequencies
All two channel dimmers are ideal for warm/cool white or dual-color LED color-mixing. The RC4 Cross-Fade Controller delivers best-in-class color mix consistency over the entire dimming range, by ensuring precise primary color ratios even at very low dimmer levels using 16-bit (65,536 step) dimming. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color mix from a console, which is limited to 256 steps and becomes heavily quantized at low levels, the RC4 Cross-Fade Controller maintains high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range.
The LumenDimM2micro provides a wired DMX data port. In most cases, this port is used to output data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the LumenDimM2micro to be used as a wired dimmer. In this mode, a comprehensive RDM implementation includes E1.37 dimmer configuration parameters, voltage monitoring, and each dimmer appears as a separate RDM sub-device.
Learn more about working with the LumenDimM2micro at the RC4 Wireless Knowledge Base.
A small Amp MTA-100 6-pin connector is provided for connection of power supply and dimmer outputs. Each device is provided with one connector with 6″ (15cm) leads. Input DC powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LEDs and LED tape. Dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 10A peak power handling limit of the device. Continuous running power is limited to 6A due to the safety rating of the Amp MTA-100 connector pins.
The RC4 DMX miniplug port can used with a range of DMX adaptors, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR connectors. The most common adaptor is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector, making the LumenDimM2micro the smallest wireless dimmer and the smallest wireless DMX receiver available.
The LumenDimM2micro was the dimmer of choice for the lighting team on the Netflix series Stranger Things.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 2.91″ x .779″ x .433″ (75mm x 20mm x 10mm), unenclosed circuit board assembly
- Weight: 0.40 oz
- Connections: Tyco/Amp MTA-100 6-pin
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.5W
- Dimmer Outputs: 2 low-voltage DC dimmers, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,00 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 6A non-continuous, 3A continuous
- Multiple PWM Frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz (super-slow-motion video)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW), AC wave (ring telephone bells)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors
available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: LumenRadio CRMX
- RF Antenna: External antenna via u.fl connector. A version of this product with a built-in chip antenna is also available.
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.