LumenDimM4micro 4-Channel CRMX Wireless Dimmer (EXTernal Antenna)
The RC4 LumenDimM4micro is a 4-channel CRMX wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors in small props, costumes, and more. The inconspicuous circuit-board assembly can easily be hidden in the smallest spaces, even in hair and fabrics. ** Version for use with external antennas via u.fl connector **
The LumenDimM4micro is a battery-powered 4-channel wireless DMX dimmer that combines the best RC4 Harmonized Design™ features with a genuine LumenRadio TiMo radio transceiver. The LumenDimM4micro includes a built-in radio receiver and four pulse-width-modulation (PWM) dimmers. Additionally, any number of RC4 LumenDim devices can be used in a LumenRadio wireless DMX system.
Super-smooth LED dimming, halogen dimming as well as hobby servo-motor control is a snap with this dimmer that proves small can be powerful. In fact, LumenDimM4micro is one of the smallest wireless DMX dimmer on earth. The LumenDimM4micro uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM).
The LumenDimM4micro is not only small, easy to use and reliable, but it has all of the RC4 Wireless dimmer features users know and love:
- Wired and Wireless RDM Implementation
- RC4 Digital Persistence™
- RC4 ColorMatch™
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™
- DMX data in and out
- high-efficiency 5V – 35VDC voltage input range
- 19-bit dimming with multiple PWM frequencies
RC4 four channel dimmers are ideal for RGB, RGBA, RGBW and RGBx color mixing applications. In addition, the RC4 Cross-Fade Controller for warm/cool white color-temperature control delivers best-in-class consistency over the entire dimming range. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color mix from a console, which is limited to 256 steps and becomes heavily quantized at low levels, the RC4 Cross-Fade controller and RC4 HSL Color Control Engine maintain high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range.
The LumenDimM4micro provides a wired DMX data port. In most cases, this port is used to output data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the LumenDimM4micro to be used as a wired dimmer. In this mode, a comprehensive RDM implementation includes E1.37 dimmer configuration parameters, voltage monitoring, and numerous manufacturer PIDs for access to powerful RC4 parameters.
Learn more about working with the LumenDimM4micro in the RC4 Wireless Knowledge Base.
A small Amp MTA-100 6-pin connector is provided for connection of power supply and dimmer outputs. Each device is provided with one connector with 6″ (15cm) leads. Input DC powers the internal electronics. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LEDs and LED tape. The positive side of external loads (LEDs, lamps, etc.) are wired back to the positive side of the power supply or battery. Dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 6A peak power handling limit of the device. Continuous running power is limited to 6A due to the safety rating of the Amp MTA-100 connector pins.
The RC4 DMX miniplug port can used with a range of DMX adaptors, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR connectors. The most common adaptor is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector, making the LumenDimM4micro one of the smallest wireless dimmer and the smallest wireless DMX receiver available.
The LumenDimM4micro was the dimmer of choice my the lighting team for S&K Pictures on Shazam 2!
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 2.91″ x .779″ x .433″ (75mm x 20mm x 10mm), unenclosed circuit board assembly
- Weight: 0.40 oz
- Connections: Tyco/Amp MTA-100 6-pin
- Power Input: 5VDC – 35VDC, 0.5W
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 low-voltage DC dimmers, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,000 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 6A non-continuous, 3A continuous
- Multiple PWM Frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz (super-slow-motion video)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW), AC wave (ring telephone bells), and more.
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors
available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: LumenRadio CRMX
- RF Antenna: External antenna connected via u.fl connector. An internal chip-antenna version is also available.
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.