RC5 EASS-900 DMXio (Extended Area Super Secure)
RC5 EASS-900 DMXio (Extended Area Super Secure) provides the largest coverage area with the highest level of secure data encryption in the world for theme parks, convention centers, stadiums, resorts and more.
*Please call for pricing & availability.
YOU MUST UPDATE RC4 COMMANDER SOFTWARE WHEN ADDING NEW DEVICES TO RC4MAGIC SYSTEMS. THIS UPDATE IS MANDATORY FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH BOTH OLD AND NEW VERSIONS OF RC4MAGIC FIRMWARE. Visit our downloads page.
The RC4 Wireless RC5 EASS DMXio provides wireless lighting control in theme parks, ski resorts, arenas, convention centers, casinos, and other public areas that face many unique wireless and security challenges. RC4 Wireless has served this market almost exclusively for over a decade with the RC5 series of long-range wireless DMX systems. Broadcasting with up to 1W of RF power, RC5 systems have covered entire theme parks.
EASS—which stands for Extended Area Super Secure—provides venue managers with peace of mind in a world that is incredibly vulnerable to hacking. EASS provides three separate levels of security for end users. First, 256-bit AES encryption is widely accepted as un-hackable by any means other than brute-force attack; in other words, simply trying every possible password. Even that approach is foiled by adding RC4 Private System IDs, which are part of all the RC4Magic products. Finally, EASS allows user-selectable FHSS frequency-hopping channels. Many wireless DMX systems use frequency hopping, and some systems offer a choice of hopping patterns. EASS takes this a dramatic step further by allowing users to privately select any subset of 101 RF channels within the 900MHz band. This provides yet another level of password-like security.
Reliable wide-area coverage is critical for products like EASS. RC4 Wireless uses a unique, 3-pronged approach to deliver maximum range: lower RF frequency, higher power, and optimized data rates. Using the 900MHz band provides an inherent advantage because longer wavelengths propagate further. The highest RF power allowed by the FCC (1W, 30dBi) helps signals penetrate walls and other obstructions and eliminate the need for line-of-sight installation. Lower data rates also travel further with fewer errors, so EASS uses brilliantly crafted RC4 data-compression to ensure 100% of show content is transferred using the fewest number of bits per second
RC5 EASS-900 DMXio provides the largest coverage area with the highest level of secure data encryption in the world.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 4.8″ x 2.6″ x 1.6″ (122mm x 67mm x 40mm)
- Weight: 10.7oz
- DMX Input/Output: meets USITT DMX512/1990. XLR5 male and female, and RC4 non-standard miniplug port
- Power Input: 6VDC – 16VDC, a world-voltage 90 – 250VAC 2A high-efficiency AC adaptor is included
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX termination enable/disable; encryption enable/disable; 3 selectable RF power output levels, 1W maximum; Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- Encryption: 256-bit AES
- Data Security Features: Private RC4 System IDs are unique for every owner, user, and project; user-configurable FHSS channel selection; complex algorithm-based automatic generation of 256-bit AES encryption keys
- 902-928MHz** RF Antenna: RP-SMA external antenna with nominal 600m range. Up to 18km (11 miles) line-of-sight urban range using optimally aimed and elevated fixed antennas
** The RC5 system though working on the 900MHz band, does not work in coordination with the RC4Magic-900MHz system. They are two separate working systems.