LumenDimM2 Two-Channel CRMX Wireless Dimmer
The RC4 Wireless LumenDimM2 is miniature 2-channel wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors for use in small props, costumes, and more on the CRMX platform.
The RC4 Series 3 LumenDimM2 is a miniature, battery-powered 2-channel wireless DMX dimmer on the CRMX platform that is ideal for dimming LEDs, lamps, and motors for use in small props, costumes, and even more. The LumenDimM2 provides an outstanding wireless RDM (remote device management) experience, as well as super-smooth LED dimming, high-power halogen dimming, hobby servo-motor control, a sophisticated effects engine and more, all at an economical price.
Like all RC4 Series 3 devices, the LumenDimM2 includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to either dimmer with the press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM).
The LumenDimM2 includes all of the RC4 features that users know and love, including:
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine
- DMX data in and out
- RC4 HotPatch
- 16-bit dimming with multiple PWM frequencies
- High-efficiency 6V-35VDC voltage input range
All two channel dimmers are ideal for warm/cool white or dual-color LED color-mixing. The RC4 Cross-Fade Controller delivers best-in-class color mix consistency over the entire dimming range, by ensuring precise primary color ratios even at very low dimmer levels using 16-bit (65,536 step) dimming. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color mix from a console, which is limited to 256 steps and becomes heavily quantized at low levels, the RC4 Cross-Fade Controller maintains high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range.
Learn more about working with the LumenDimM2 at the RC4 Knowledge Base.
The warmth of incandescent lighting has long been favored by lighting designers, and for good reason; natural filament persistence ensures smooth fades even when control resolution is relatively coarse. RC4 Digital Persistence™ brings this same pleasing smoothness to LED dimming, with a range of eight persistence periods emulating a variety of halogen lamp sizes.
The LumenDimM2 also features multiple dimmer curves. They include Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise and servo motor pulse counter-clockwise.
Screw terminals are provided for connection of the power supply (+/-DC IN) and load devices (+/-DimA, +/-DimB). The supply powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LED tape. Dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 16A total power handling limit of the device.
The DMX mini-plug port can be used with a range of RC4 DMX cables, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR adapters. The most common adapter is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 3.14″ x 1.57″ x .787″ (80mm x 40mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 2.10oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.5W, screw terminals
- Dimmer Outputs: 2 low-voltage DC dimmers, screw terminals, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,00 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 16A (limited by safety rating of input screw terminals)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz (super-slow-motion video)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW), AC wave (ring telephone bells)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: LumenRadio CRMX
- RF Antenna: RP-SMA external, omnidirectional. Alternate antennas can be used for increased sensitivity and directionality
- RC4 LumenDimM2 Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.