LumenDimM4 Four-Channel CRMX Wireless Dimmer
This miniature 4-channel wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors in small props, costumes, and more that operates on the CMRX platform.
The RC4 Series 3 LumenDimM4 is a miniature battery-powered 4-channel wireless DMX dimmer ideal for for LEDs, lamps, motors in small props, costumes, and more that operates on the CMRX platform. The LumenDimM4 combines the best RC4 Wireless Harmonized Design features with a built-in genuine LumenRadio CRMX radio transceiver. The result is an easy to use, reliable, feature-filled DMX dimmer that gives users an outstanding wireless RDM (remote device management) experience that includes multiple dimmer curves and PWM frequencies.
Barely larger than a matchbox, the LumenDimM4 — the M stands for miniature — features super-smooth LED dimming, high-power halogen dimming and hobby servo-motor control, which are accomplished with four dimmers. In fact, a single LumenDimM4 could be used to construct a complete miniature moving light.
Harmonized Design is part of the RC4 Wireless product experience, and the LumenDimM4 is no different. It features:
- RC4 OneTouch configuration
- RC4 Digital Persistence
- DMX data in and out
- RC4 HotPatch
- Wired and wireless RDM configuration
- 16-bit dimming with multiple PWM frequencies
- high-efficiency 6V- 35VDC voltage input range
The LumenDimM4 has four channels, which makes it ideal for red-green-blue (RGB), red-green-blue-white (RGBW) and red-green-blue-amber (RGBA) LED color-mixing. The RC4 Wireless Hue/Saturation/Level (HSL) Color Controller delivers best-in-class color consistency over the entire dimming range, by ensuring precise primary color ratios even at very low dimmer levels using 16-bit (65,536 step) dimming. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color mix from a console, which is limited to 256 steps and becomes heavily quantized at low levels, the RC4 HSL Color Controller maintains high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range, which means precise—and easy—color mixing.
Four dimmer outputs also provide an optimal experience with the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine. Using DMX channels for control, dynamic animated effects are easily and quickly created using the LumenDimM4. The RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine is not a canned effect generator; this is a tool the enables designers to create unique looks to suit their specific need. These original effects can also be stored and recalled, and a saved effect can be enabled on power-up. This provides a means of creating and using custom effects without an external DMX controller — perfect for standalone displays in retail, trade shows, and more.
Learn more about how to use the LumenDimM4 at the RC4 Knowledge Base.
The RC4 Series 3 LumenDimM4, and all RC4 Series 3 dimmers, provides a wired DMX data port. In most cases this port is used to output data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the LumenDimM4 to be used as a wired dimmer. Either wireless or wired, a comprehensive RDM implementation includes E1.37 dimmer configuration parameters, numerous status sensors (voltage, temperature, current), and each individual dimmer appears as an RDM sub-device.
Screw terminals are provided for connection of the power supply (+/-DC IN) and load devices (+/-DimA, +/-DimB, +/-DimC, +/-DimD). The supply powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LED tape. Dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 16A total power handling limit of the device
The DMX miniplug port can be used with a range of RC4 DMX cables, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR adaptors. The most common adaptor is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 3.14” x 1.57” x .787” (80mm x 40mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 2.20oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.5W, screw terminals
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 low-voltage DC dimmers, screw terminals, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,00 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 16A (limited by safety rating of input screw terminals)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz (super-slow-motion video)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW), AC wave (ring telephone bells)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: LumenRadio CRMX
- RF Antenna: RP-SMA external, omnidirectional. Alternate antennas can be used for increased sensitivity and directionality
- RC4 LumenDimM4 Quick Start Guide
- RC4 LumenDim4 / LumenDimM4 Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.