RC4 LumenDim4 Four-Channel CRMX Wireless Dimmer
The highest power LumenDim device, delivering up to 42A across 4 dimmer channels — 500W at 12V, 1000W at 24V. Perfect for wireless lighting on turntables and set pieces of any size. Provides all RC4 Series 3 features with the power to go big.
Each LumenDim4 purchase comes with one 2dBi antenna and one set of Anderson Connectors.
The RC4 Series 3 LumenDim4 is a battery-powered 4-channel wireless DMX dimmer on the CRMX platform for use with LEDs, lamps, costumes, props, motors and more. It combines the best RC4 Harmonized Design™ features with a built-in genuine LumenRadio CRMX radio transceiver. The result is an easy to use, reliable, feature-filled DMX dimmer that gives users an outstanding wireless RDM (remote device management) experience that includes multiple dimmer curves and PWM frequencies. Barely larger than a matchbox, the LumenDim4 give users super-smooth LED dimming, high-power halogen dimming and hobby servo-motor control.
All RC4 LumenDim devices include a genuine LumenRadio TiMo CRMX2 radio receiver. Easily assign any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with the press of a single button using RC4 OneTouch™, or use Remote Device Management (RDM) via wired or wireless connection.
- PWM frequencies Optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- Tungsten lamp dimming
- Servo motor control
- RC4 Digital Persistence™ A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- HSL Color Controller Choose to use Hue/Saturation/Level (brightness) control of color if desired.
- RC4 ColorMatch™ Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™ Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
The LumenDim4 has four channels, which makes it ideal for red-green-blue (RGB), red-green-blue-white (RGBW) and red-green-blue-amber (RGBA) LED color-mixing. The RC4 Hue/Saturation/Level (HSL) Color Controller delivers best-in-class color consistency over the entire dimming range, by ensuring precise primary color ratios even at very low dimmer levels using 16-bit (65,536 step) dimming. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color mix from a console, which is limited to 256 steps and becomes heavily quantized at low levels, the RC4 HSL Color Controller maintains high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range, which means precise—and easy—color mixing.
Learn more about working with the LumenDim4 at the RC4 Knowledge Base.
Four dimmer outputs also provide an optimal experience with the RC4 Wireless FLKR Effects Engine™. Using DMX channels for control, dynamic animated effects are easily and quickly created using the LumenDim4. The Flkr Effects Engine is not a canned effects generator; this is a tool the enables designers to create unique looks to suit their specific need. These original effects can also be stored and recalled, and a saved effect can be enabled on power-up. This provides a means of creating and using custom effects without an external DMX controller — perfect for stand alone displays in retail, trade shows, and more.
The LumenDim4 includes a wired DMX data port; in most cases, this port is used to output data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the LumenDim4 to be used as a wired dimmer. Either wireless or wired, a comprehensive RDM implementation includes E1.37 dimmer configuration parameters, numerous status sensors — voltage, temperature, current — and each individual dimmer appears as an RDM sub-device.
The DMX mini-plug port can be used with a range of RC4 DMX cables, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR adapters. The most common adapter is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 4.40″ x 2.44″ x 1.22″ (112mm x 62mm x 31mm)
- Weight: 4.80oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.5W, Anderson Powerpole connectors
- Dimmer Outputs: 4 low-voltage DC dimmers, Anderson Powerpole connectors, 19-bit resolution PWM (524,000 steps)
- Output Power, per Dimmer: 15A non-continuous, 10A continuous
- Maximum Total Power Handling: 42A (limited by safety rating of Anderson connectors)
- Multiple PWM frequencies: 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 5kHz (artifact free for video), 20kHz (noise free for audio), 40kHz (super-slow-motion video)
- Multiple Dimmer Curves: Non-Dim, Non-Dim Inverted, Linear, Linear Inverted, Inverse-Square-Law (ISL), ISL inverted, servo motor pulse clockwise (CW), servo motor pulse counter-clockwise (CCW), AC wave (ring telephone bells)
- DMX Input/Output: RC4 3.5mm mini, USITT DMX512/1990 data, non-standard port, connector adaptors available. RDM E1.20 and E1.37 (dimmer configuration) support
- Wireless DMX Protocol: LumenRadio CRMX
- RF Antenna: RP-SMA external, omnidirectional. Alternate antennas can be used for increased sensitivity
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Use our RC4 Online Product Guide to find the best devices for your needs.