RC4M-900SX DMX2dim 2-Channel Wireless Dimmer
A battery-powered 2-channel wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors in small props, costumes, and more. RC4Magic-900 operates in the 902-928 MHz RF band, licensed ONLY for use in USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Brazil. In other jurisdictions, including Europe, Asia, and Africa, our 2.4GHz RC4Magic Series 3 systems is ideal.
YOU MUST UPDATE RC4 COMMANDER SOFTWARE WHEN ADDING NEW DEVICES TO RC4MAGIC SYSTEMS. THIS UPDATE IS MANDATORY FOR COMPATIBILITY WITH BOTH OLD AND NEW VERSIONS OF RC4MAGIC FIRMWARE. Visit our downloads page.
The RC4Magic-900SX DMX2dim is a reliable and secure battery-powered 2-channel wireless DMX dimmer for LEDs, lamps, and motors in small props, costumes, and more. Operating in the 900MHz range, which is free of wireless congestion, the 900SX is the fastest and most secure 2 channel dimmer exclusively available for customers only in the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The RC4Magic-900SX DMX2dim combines that classic features of the ever popular DMX2dim and takes in into 900MHz. Interference from other wireless devices is literally a thing of the past when using the 900SX series of products, and the result is a signal that’s faster, more secure, and more reliable.
Like all RC4Magic-900 devices, the 900SX DMX2dim includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with the single press of a button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4MagicPC configuration software. The 900SX DMX2dim also has the same features as the RC4Magic S3 2.4SX DMX2dim:
The RC4Magic-900 SX DMX2dim features include:
- PWM frequencies Optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- RC4 Digital Persistence™ A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- RC4 ColorMatch™ Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™ Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
The SX Series of products now includes 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,288 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve. All RC dimmers also feature Curve Tweak – the ability to fine-tune between true linear and true ISL to find the perfect fit for any particular LED source. You can even tweak each primary color differently. Dimming is suddenly as smooth as silk.
Learn more about working with the The RC4Magic-900 SX DMX2dim at the RC4 Knowledge Base
The RC4Magic-900 SX DMX2dim is ideal for hybrid-white LED color mixing, when transitioning between different color temperatures of white.
RC4 Digital Persistence™ brings pleasing smoothness to LED dimming. LEDs have never looked this good.
RC4 dimmers are ideal for video professionals who must avoid banding, blinking and other anomalies created by PWM (pulse-width-modulation) frequencies. All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide multiple PWM frequencies all the way up to 40kHz for use with slow-motion very-high-frame-rate video work.
the DMX6dim is ideal for use with the dimmers built-in RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™. Using DMX channels for control, dynamic animated effects are easily and quickly created — this is not a canned effect generator, it is a tool for creating unique looks to suit any need.
Screw terminals are provided for connection of the power supply (+/-DC IN) and load devices (+/-DimA, +/-DimB). The supply powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LED tape. Dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 16A total power handling limit of the device.
The mini-plug wired DMX data port can be used with a range of RC4 DMX cables, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR adapters. The most common adapter is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector. This port can output DMX data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the DMX6dim to be used as a wired dimmer.
With a wired connection, a comprehensive RDM implementation includes E1.37 dimmer configuration parameters, numerous status sensors (voltage, temperature, current), and each individual dimmer appears as an RDM sub-device.
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 2.36″ x 1.38″ x 0.79″ (60mm x 35mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 1.40 oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 2 dimmers, screw terminal connections; 77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz PWM; 19-bit (524,000 steps); Non-Dim, Linear, ISL, servo control; ac-wave (ring telephone and more); 8 levels of RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Engine™, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4 Commander 3.x compatible, wired DMX in/out, wired RDM input, Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw
- DMX Input/Output: USITT DMX512/1990 data, RC4 3.5mm mini non-standard port
- Maximum Output Power per Channel: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Device Power: 16A (limited by screw terminal safety rating)
- RF Antenna: hidden internal omnidirectional