RC4Magic S3 DMX2micro 2-Channel Wireless Dimmer (INTernal Antenna)
This miniature 2-channel wireless DMX dimmer disappears into costumes, compact props, lamps, fabric and even hair. The DMX2micro is also eligible for the RC4Magic Two-Year Warranty, the only one of its kind in the industry. ** This version uses a built-in chip-antenna, no external antenna needed. **
Each micro purchase includes a 6-pin connector.
The RC4Magic S3 DMX2micro is the smallest wireless two-channel DMX 512 dimmer on earth. It is perfect for concealing in costumes, compact props, lamps, fabric and even hair. How small is the DMX2micro? This fully functional, two-channel dimmer is under 3” long, and is tiny enough to be hidden almost anywhere.
The RC4Magic S3 DMX2micro includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4 Commander Configuration Software.
The DMX2micro features include:
- PWM frequencies Optimizations for power handling, smoothest resolution, eliminating artifacts in video, and eliminating noise in audio systems.
- RC4 Digital Persistence™ A carefully engineered thermal model makes LEDs fade up and down like incandescent and halogen lamps.
- RC4 ColorMatch™ Match color palettes and white-balance different LED sources from different manufacturers.
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™ Create personalized visual effects, including fire, welding spark, and much more.
- Remote Device Management (RDM) The DMX standard for device configuration, including E1.37 dimmer control extensions.
- RC4 CodeLoader Update firmware to add features. Since 2014, more than 10 new features have been added at no cost to users!
Even though the DMX2micro is tiny, it has the power of the RC4 Wireless platform behind it. Like the standard DMX2dim, the DMX2micro features 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,288 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. All SX dimmers also feature dimmer curve cross-fading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output.
Learn more about working with the RC4Magic S3 DMX2micro at the RC4 Knowledge Base
RC4 dimmers are ideal for video professionals who must avoid banding, blinking and other anomalies created by PWM (pulse-width-modulation) frequencies. All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide multiple PWM frequencies all the way up to 40kHz for use with slow-motion very-high-frame-rate video work.
Since it’s a two channel dimmer, the DMX2micro is ideal for use with the dimmers built-in RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™. Using DMX channels for control, dynamic animated effects are easily and quickly created — this is not a canned effect generator, it is a tool for creating unique looks to suit any need.
A small Amp MTA-100 6-pin connector is provided for connection of power supply and dimmer outputs. Each device is provided with one connector with 6″ (15cm) leads. Input DC powers both the internal electronics and the connected loads. Dimmers switch on the negative side of the circuit, ideal for common-anode (common positive) LEDs and LED tape. Dimmer output voltage is precisely the DC power input voltage with no appreciable losses within the 10A peak power handling limit of the device. Continuous running power is limited to 6A due to the safety rating of the Amp MTA-100 connector pins.
The mini-plug wired DMX data port can be used with a range of RC4 DMX cables, including 3-pin and 5-pin male and female XLR adapters. The most common adapter is the RC4DMX5FA with 5-pin female XLR connector. This port can output DMX data to nearby fixtures including fog machines, moving lights, and projector dousers. The DMX port can also be configured as a DMX input, allowing the DMX2micro to be used as a wired dimmer.
With a wired connection, a comprehensive RDM implementation includes E1.37 dimmer configuration parameters, numerous status sensors (voltage, temperature, current), and each individual dimmer appears as an RDM sub-device.
Projects and productions in the USA, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand should consider our RC4Magic-900 system. The 900MHz band is far away from WiFi, Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz wireless technology. For worldwide use in all markets, the 2.4GHz RC4Magic system is recommended.
100% compatible with RC4Magic Series 2 2.4GHz technology!
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 2.7” x .7” x .4” (71mm x 18.8mm x 11mm) unenclosed circuit-board module (fits inside a 19mm / 0.75-inch ID tube)
- Weight: 0.40oz
- Connections: Tyco/Amp MTA-100 6-pin
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle
- Dimmer Outputs: 2 dimmers; 77Hz, 615Hz, 1.2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz, 20kHz, 40kHz PWM; 19-bit (524,000 steps); Non-Dim, Linear, ISL, servo control; ac-wave (ring telephones and more);
8 levels of RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Engine™, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4 Commander 3.x compatible, wired DMX in/out, wired RDM input (dongle mode not supported)
- Sensors: Input voltage
- DMX Input/Output: USITT DMX512/1990 data, RC4 3.5mm mini non-standard port
- Maximum Output Power per Channel: 6A non-continuous, 4A continuous
- Maximum Total Device Power: 6A (limited by connector pin safety rating)
- RF Antenna: on-board omnidirectional
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Use our RC4 Online Product Guide to find the best devices for your needs.