RC4Magic S3 DMX2dim 2-Channel Wireless Dimmer
This easy to use, battery powered, 2-channel wireless dimmer is ideal for dimming LEDs, lamps, props, costumes and more. It also includes the RC4 Wireless Two-Year Warranty, which is the best in the industry.
The RC4Magic S3 DMX2dim is easy to operate, battery powered, 2-channel wireless dimmer deal for use with LEDs, lamps, props, costumes and more. This DMX2dim operates in the popular 2.4GHz frequency used worldwide, so it’s perfect for all types of tours.
The SX Series of products now includes 19-bit dimming, which is eight times finer than 16-bit with a whopping 524,000 steps of resolution. For users, this means exceptionally smooth LED dimming, especially at the bottom end of the curve, which can be problematic. All SX dimmers also feature dimmer curve cross-fading to each individual dimmer; this enables users to tweak the dimming curve 256 steps for each separate dimmer output. Dimming is suddenly as smooth as silk.
Like all RC4Magic devices, it includes a built-in radio receiver and uses RC4 OneTouch™ for easy assignment of any DMX channel and dimmer curve to any dimmer with a single press of a single button. Device configuration can also be done with Remote Device Management (RDM) and RC4 Commander Configuration Software.
The RC4Magic S3 DMX2dim features include:
- RC4 Private IDentities™
- RC4 ColorMatch™
- RC4 Flkr Effects Engine™
- RC4 HotPatch™
- RC4 Commander Configuration Software
- Remote Device Management (RDM)
- RC4 Cross-Fade Controller
RC4 dimmers are ideal for video professionals dealing with banding, blinding and other anomalies created by PWM (pulse-width-modulation) frequencies. All RC4 Series 3 dimmers provide multiple PWM frequencies—low, middle, high and supersonic—to eliminate these issues on video.
The DMX2dim is ideal for hybrid-white LED color mixing, when transitioning between different color temperatures of white. RC4’s Hue/Saturation/Level (HSL) Color Controller delivers best-in-class color consistency over the entire dimming range, ensuring precise mix ratios even at very low dimmer levels. Unlike single-channel DMX control of color from a console, the RC4 HSL Color Controller maintains high ratiometric precision throughout the dimming range.
Projects and productions in the USA, Canada, Brazil, Australia, and New Zealand should consider our RC4Magic-900 system. The 900MHz band is far away from WiFi, Bluetooth and other 2.4GHz wireless technology. For worldwide use in all markets, the 2.4GHz RC4Magic system is recommended.
The professionals at the National Theatre used 20 DMX2dims for their production of Angels in America.
100% compatible with RC4Magic Series 2 2.4GHz technology!
All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Dimensions: 2.4″ x 1.4″ x .79″ (61mm x 36mm x 20mm)
- Weight: 1.20 oz
- Power Input: 6VDC – 35VDC, 0.4W idle, screw terminal connections
- Dimmer Outputs: 2 dimmers, screw terminal connections; 77Hz (high power), 615Hz (flicker free), 1.2kHz, 5kHz (artifact free for video), 10kHz, 20kH (noise free for audio), 40kHz PWM; 19-bit (524,000 steps); Non-Dim, Linear, ISL, servo control; ac-wave (ring telephone and more); 8 levels of RC4 Digital Persistence™
- Series 3 Versatility: DMX dimming, RC4 Flkr Engine™, RC4 ColorMatch™, RC4 HSL Color Controller, RC4 HotPatch™, RC4 Commander 3.x compatible, wired DMX in/out, wired RDM input, Dongle Mode combined with an RC4 USB CodeLoader Cable becomes the hardware interface for RC4 Commander Software
- Sensors: Input voltage, internal temperature, total current draw
- DMX Input/Output: USITT DMX512/1990 data, RC4 3.5mm mini non-standard port
- Maximum Output Power per Channel: 10A non-continuous, 5A continuous
- Maximum Total Device Power: 16A (limited by screw terminal safety rating)
- RF Antenna: hidden internal omnidirectional
- RC4Magic S3 DMX2dim Quick Start Guide
- RC4 Series 3 Dimmer User Manual
- Using the RC4 Wireless Flkr Effects Engine
- Using the RC4 HSL Color Controller
You may also like…
Unsure which product is best for your needs?
Let us guide you through the process with our online product guide which allow you to find the solution that fits your project need within a few clicks.